Thursday, November 16, 2017

Christmas Spirit 2017 (Christmas & Scary) #Readathon - Sign up! #CSReadathon

 

We are once again kicking off the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge over at Christmas Spirit, with the annual Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon...and it's now two weeks long!

The Christmas Spirit Readathon has a twist this year! It's a Christmas and Scary Readathon. Personally, I read scary (horror) books all year round, but I know many people reserve that kind of reading to October. But that's just ONE month! So, I decided to create this twist to give people the excuse to read scary for at least a couple more weeks (if no more!).

What does this mean? Well, you can read Christmas, or you can read scary, or you can read both. For example, A Christmas Carol could also be labeled as scary/spooky because of the ghosts. Dickens also wrote other spooky Christmas tales (check his "Christmas Books"). However, don't think your scary has to have a Christmas theme. You can read non-holiday scary, or you can read a Christmas themed mystery (which can sometimes be scary), or you can choose all Christmas books. It's entirely up to you!

Details:
  • Read-a-Thon dates: Monday, November 20 at 12:00am CDT until Sunday, December 3 at 11:59pm CDT (adjust your time zone accordingly...there's a time zone converter in the blog menu) 
  • You do not have to be signed up for the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge to participate (but I sure would love for you to join us!) 
  • I am not requiring that you read only Christmas/holiday books during the read-a-thon, but I hope you will pick up at least one holiday tale, even if it's just to read some children's books with your kids or some holiday short stories...and perhaps some scary fare...
  • to check in on social media, we'll use hashtag #CSreadathon 
  • as usual, you do not have to have a blog to participate...feel free to link up and check in from Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc. AND interact with us in our Facebook group.

If you're interested in joining us for the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge, which runs all season long, you can do so at my Christmas blog, Christmas Spirit. Would love to have you!

Readathon prize:

Since it's the Season of Giving, our prize this year will be a donation to an organization dedicated to helping those in need. For instance, Second Harvest Food Bank, Salvation Army, Heifer International, etc. I will make a $20 donation in the winner's name. This is open internationally. 

Hope I haven't forgotten anything. If you have any questions or notice something I've left out, please feel free to contact me via the sidebar menu.

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

truebookaddict

Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Yay, a great twist to the Christmas Readathon! I have some books that would fit this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again! I can't wait to get started. I look forward to this every year. I will compile my preliminary list and post it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My post is scheduled- is that ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to read A Christmas Carol and The afterlife of Holly Chase

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bit late starting so I am very pleased it is two weeks long.
    ☃️ ☃️ ☃️

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf